About Free Secure Messaging using Updox
Any Updox user can invite others to use Updox for free secure messaging.
The invite process is free for all involved parties.
After completing the process the invited user can send secure messages through Updox to other Updox users (free or paying customers).
To begin the invite process
- Click the Refer and Share button at the top of the Updox workspace/Inbox.
- Click Send Invitation
- Type in the name of the person you are inviting, their email address or fax number, and a personal message if wanted.
- We will send an email or fax to the contact you have entered.
- Your name, practice name, and practice phone number will be automatically included in the invitation email/fax.
- When the recipient receives your invitation they will click the link in the email or visit the url in the fax and can download a file. The file will open a login screen for Updox.
- If the recipient does not have an Updox account they should use the bottom option on the login page titled “New to Updox?”
- That will take the recipient through a process to collect basic demographic information about them and their practice or business. This information is collected to allow us to create an Updox account for the invited party.
- If the recipient does not have a business or medical practice they should enter their own personal information for the practice/business info (Name, Address, Phone)
- After completing the page with that information Updox will open to the Workspace/Inbox
- To complete the invite process the invited party must click the Refer and Share button at the top of the workspace/Inbox and click “Accept Invitation” and enter the Invite code from the email/fax.
- Following the completion of that process the invited party can send to or receive messages from the practice that invited them.