There are several settings for the Updox Patient Portal to customize the user experience for the patients who join and visit the portal.
You can find the patient portal settings by selecting PORTAL from the top menu bar in Updox. Choose PORTAL PROFILE from the menu list.
Once you have selected the Portal Profile you will see several settings to choose from including:
· Enable Practice Portal – This is checked by default and allows the patient portal web site to be accessed over the Internet.
· Web Address – This is the web site that patients will go to for sign in and to access the patient portal. (Please note:Must start and end with a letter or number, and contain only letters, numbers, or dashes - cannot contain spaces or any other “special” characters)
· Name Displayed – This name is displayed on the patient portal home page.
· Enable “Message Read” Notifications – If checked, a confirmation message will be sent to the practice workspace each time a patient views a message.
· Allow Patients to Create New Messages – This will allow patients to create messages which will be delivered to the workspace.
· Allow Patients to Reply to Messages – This will allow patients to reply to messages and documents sent from the practice workspace.
· Allow Patients to Fill Out Forms – This will allow patients to fill out forms created by the practice. All form data will be received in the practice workspace.
· Allow Patients to view CCR / CCD Records – This will allow patients to view and download their Continuity of Care Record (CCR) and Continuity of Care Document.
ABOUT US Tab (The Practice Name and Address will be shown by default)
· Show Contact Info – Checking this box will display the practice contact information on the home page of the portal.
· Show our Work Number – Displays the work phone number on the web site
· Show our Fax Number – Displays the practice fax number on the web site
· Show our Email Address – Displays the practice email address on the web site
· Include Additional About Us Content –Checking this box will enable a text box to type in additional content about the practice.
· Show our Hours – Check this box to show the hours your practice is open
· We are Open – Check the days of the week your practice is open and use the slider to set the hours of operation each day.
EMAIL MESSAGES Tab– This tab contains the details of the emails sent to the patients when an account has been created for them and each time a new message has been sent to the portal for them.
· Include Additional “New Account” Text – If you would like to customize the new account welcome message to your patients, enter the content into the text editor and click on SAVE.
· Preview Email– These buttons will allow you to view the contents of the “New Account” and “New Message” emails which are sent to your patients.
· Include Additional “New Message” Text– If you would like to customize the new message to your patients, enter the content into the text editor and click on SAVE.
Don't forget to hit SAVE in the lower left hand corner once you have made changes to your portal for them to take effect.
- If you need help, please let us know at 614-798-8170 x2 or email@example.com.