NOTE: The SOAPware Plugin for Updox Central replaces the Updox Connector for SOAPware. If you have the connector installed please remove it, using the steps here, prior to installing the plugin.
NOTE: First things first!
In order to install the SOAPware Plugin, Updox Central must already be installed and running on your computer. If you do not already have Updox Central installed follow the install steps here.
Before you begin & about Updox and SOAPwareTo enable Updox and SOAPware to communicate with each other (search patients in Updox, import items into a patients chart in SOAPware) you must install the SOAPware Plugin.
Things to know about the plugin:
- The plugin is required to be installed in order to allow integration with SOAPware.
- The plugin must be installed on a computer that has the SOAPware Exchange program on it.
- The plugin should be installed in only one location for the practice (i.e. on only one computer).
Installing the plugin
- Under the Plugins Tab highlight the Plugin for SOAPware and click the Install button.
- In the new window that opens enter the Database Server name and Database Port. This information should match what is being used by SW Exchange (click Options on the Exchange sign in screen to view that info)
- Click the button to browse [...] and set the In directory. This should be the same 'In' directory that SOAPware Exchange is monitoring.
- Click the button to browse [...] and set the Reports directory. If one does not exist you can create it. The Reports directory should have the same parent directory as the In directory.
- Then click Save and Close and the Updox Central window will open again.
- Click the close button to close the Updox Central User Interface.